Wednesday, September 12, 2007

A wedding for my Best Friend

My best friend got married over labor day weekend, and when i asked her what she wanted, she asked me to "custom her up some thank you cards". well, I did just that, and gave her a large set of 50 custom cards, matched to her wedding colors, complete with envelopes which also had the stamp on it. Since i had started stamping, i just had to make her a card too, very simple but very pretty.
Here's the thank yous:


Sorry the inside image is sideways, i haven't figured out how to turn pics yet.
These thank yous were very simple to make. I used pre-cut and scored silver cards i bought in a mega pack from fred meyer, and just corner rounded the corners (only the first one i made had the top corners rounded, it was just too much cardstock for my little rounders to cut through!). the background paper on the front is from a paper stack i bought a few years ago from joann's. the stamp on the front is from Stampin Ups Heartfelt Thanks, stamped in the Lilac (don't remember exact name and can't find it right now) in the soft subtles. the first flower was stamped off on a piece of scrap paper before stamping on the card, then the outline was stamped without stamping off. I put 2 silver rivets beside the flower for a little more shine. inside the card the stamp came from Stampin Up Friend to Friend, stamped in the same lilac color. I stamped the corner of the envelope with the flower from the front of the card, so it matched very well. Funny thing though, my best friend felt funny about sending me one of my own thank you cards, so she went out and bought one for me!!! She did love them though, here is a pic of her and her new hubby, Introducing, Derek and Sherri Burns!!!

I will post the wedding card i made for her later. Have a great day!!!

No comments: