Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Finally...Valentines for teachers!!!

It's been way longer that I thought it would be...but I'm finally posting the V-day gifts for my boys' teachers.
This first one is a Pinwheel style candy holder for AJ's teacher, Mrs. Pinkston. I CASED this creation by Sarah over at My Scrapbook Table. I kind of had to fudge my way around things because all I had to go from was the picture on her blog, but AJ's teacher loved it, and the pinwheel is still in her pencil holder on her desk (her students were playing with the base and it got ruined). I used SU's Berry Bliss paper for all of it, with a little other solid color cardstock but I don't know what color it actually is, it's from a huge pack of various colors. In the bottom part are Hershey Nuggets and Peppermint Patties covered with the same Berry Bliss DP.

The second teacher project was for Robert's teacher, Miss Lacey. She is not really the candy type, so I decided to cover a chip board journal for her. The cardstock is Purely Pomegranate, DP is Berry Bliss and I used the Time Well Spent stamp set from SU stamped in Purely Pomegranate. I colored the stamped images with ink pads and Su blender pens. I used TONS of sticky strip and Tombow on this journal front, to make sure it stayed on really well.

I am very happy to say that all three teacher LOVED their gifts (my youngest brought his teacher a stuffed cow, he didn't want me to make her anything). Hopefully I will be back again sooner than I was this last time...I will be making nugget boxes for a ladies luncheon this month, and I'll try to get pictures of them before I bring them away.
Have a Blessed day.

No comments: